Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!!

Hi there, dear readers!

I wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone, although I'm a little late -- I guess I can say Happy Epiphany, right?! :-D
I still have my Christmas tree up.....I know I should be taking it down, but it makes me so happy to look at it, that I'm fighting sadness at the thought of it!  Which is NOT like me.  I guess I feel like I want to FREEZE everything the way it is Right Now.....I'm so afraid of the future.
*Sigh*  Well, I've got to take that tree down this week no matter how I feel -- it's a live tree, although it's not "live" anymore!

Anyway, I'm not going to make this long (.....someday I'll have fun things to post about again....).
I also wanted to let everyone know that Pat is having her third chemo treatment today, with BOTH of the drugs she had in her first one, which was SO terrible for her.  PLEASE PRAY PRAY PRAY that she will tolerate this better, and that it will kill the cancer so she can be healed!!!!!

I am still so afraid.

THANK YOU ALL for reading my blog and caring!!
I will post back with an update as soon as I hear anything. ^-^

5 comments:

  1. I spent a year and a half in that frozen, numb, scared state of mind. It's hard not quit knowing what to do and always feeling like running. Just take things day by day, pray especially for comfort as well as pat. Cry when you need to.But don't stop living, seek joy everyday and eventually the peace will come. Big hugs! Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really do hope and pray this will be a happy year for you and Pat.
    Paying that you will know God's presence and peace.
    Hugs
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not be afraid of the future. The future will be, what the future will be. You must gather every bit of strength you can muster. Your husband needs you. Your teenagers need you. Your siblings need you. Pat needs you. "Fighting" cancer is not an event. It is a journey. I know it is hard to think of the word "joy" when someone you love has cancer. But for the sake of those that love you and need you, you must find joy in the journey of life. Time waits for no one. It marches on, regardless of what bombshell is going on in our hearts/lives. This time - right now - that your teenagers are in, will not come again. Embrace the joy of this live you are living with a husband and a house full of teenagers, even while you struggle to accept that cancer is a part of Pat's life right now. I will continue to pray for you and your family, Cheryl (allthingscolonial@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for an update on Pat soon. We're all concerned about both of you and would love to know how you're doing. Still praying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep checking every day for an update on Pat. Please let us hear how she's doing. We're all concerned about both of you.

    ReplyDelete