Monday, September 16, 2013

I'm Still HERE!!! :-D

Hello, all my dear online friends/followers!!!
I have NOT fallen off the face of the earth......! :-D

However, I have several things going on that are preventing me from being online for the past few weeks --- my internet wires are going up (YAY!!!), so we've had on and off internet for two weeks so far, but the biggest snag in my happy, productive life is.....my ARM.

Remember how I pulled a muscle in it all those weeks ago???  Well, it has never healed right -- it always hurts, I can't lift or hold things well, I can't move my hand and wrist without hurting it, and even when I lay it still it throbs and pinches!  And it's my RIGHT arm, and I'm right-handed!! :-P 
So I am going to my doctor this Wednesday to see what can be done about it.  It's VERY sore at my elbow, I can't even press on it, which makes me think that I have some inflammation there that is pinching the nerves in my forearm.  I've tried lots of pain relievers, even a few low-dose prescription pills, but it just doesn't work -- it always hurts.  And it's interfering with my life!!!!  I have canning to do, and cleaning, and PAINTING.....!!  Even now I must stop typing every sentence to rub it and put the heating pad on it because it's aching all the way into the palm of my hand!  SHEESH!! :-P

So, again, I have not even started any projects around here!  I've been able to do some canning -- tomato soup and garlic-dill pickles (YUMMY!) -- with my boys' help, and I need to make salsa now!!  I'm going to wait until after my appointment, though.  I'm hoping that he will give me steroids (that will permanently fix it), because those always get me excited and moving around!! LOL  I don't sleep much now, but when I took some steroids a few years ago, I was like Wonder Woman! :-D 
Boy, I could use some of that energy now (not to mention my arm feeling better!)!!!

I have a few pictures I could post, but they aren't very exciting, so I'm going to post a few of my favorite PINTEREST pictures...... Oh, I've been thoroughly enjoying Pinterest whenever I can get on there!!!!
LOOK at this chair!!!!  I LOVE it so much -- it was built around 1700!  WOW!! 
pssst!: I think I'm going to try to make a chair like this.....! ;-)

I LOVE this corner -- look at all the WOOD!!  The walls are what really caught my eye.....I so much want to figure out how to do that type of wall-treatment!  I'm just so scared to try it!!  I've GOT to get brave after my arm is better!

I really LOVE this idea for my bedroom -- I don't have a four poster bed, but we could make something to hang curtains like this to get the cozy effect!  I LOVE how this looks!!!

I told Brian I SO MUCH want this kind of blanket chest!!!!  Maybe he could make it....??  But I'd love to find one for real, in my price range!  Ok, well, he'll probably have to make it!! LOL  But I'm going to keep searching.....! :-D

I LOVE LOVE the fabrics used on these books!!!  They look so old and grungy, and the twine tying them together is the perfect touch!  Time for a trip to my fabric store.....!

These short, rustic stick-fences are SO NEAT!!!  I have to find a place for them in my yard somewhere!  Lowe's (and I'm sure Home Depot) sells the thin, pointed sticks very cheaply in bundles!!

Here is something else I simply MUST have in my yard!!!  This should be relatively easy, as soon as I find the right tree....!  I bet it's around here somewhere!! :-D

*Sigh!* I am developing a real obsession with these fabric fruits/veggies that some people are making now.....look at how gorgeous these are!!!  I LOVE the fabric choices, and the dried tendrils of hay or sweet annie (or something), and how they made them look so dusty/grungy!  I need to figure out how to make these, too!!

Here is the last picture I want to show you guys -- LOOK at this wonderful porch scene!!!!  I love it SO much!  The stool with the bowl on it, the wire basket, the rocker, but especially that long wooden piece and the dried hanging "weeds"!! (I love dried weeds, I have them all over the house! LOL)  I also think hanging the lantern on it adds so much to the rustic look!  WONDERFUL!!!! :-D

I hope you all enjoyed these pictures!!  They are all on my Pinterest board, "Primitive Displays that Inspire Me!", if you want to follow their links or see who else pinned them (that's what gets me into so much trouble on there -- clicking on other boards! LOL)
Sometimes Pinterest can make me feel unhappy.....like, I want to CREATE these looks in my own home, not just PIN them and look at them on my computer!  Hopefully after Wednesday I'll be able to start DOING some fun things again.

WISH ME LUCK!!!!! :-)  I'll post that night to tell what happened, unless they do something mean to me and I'm too sore.... :-(

But I'm hoping to be much better after Wednesday!  Keep your fingers crossed for me!!! ^-^

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best at the Dr's office Lisa!

    Audrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was younger I blacked out and went to the dr because my shoulder hurt so bad he said I was ok so I went back to work. I was in sooo much pain so after a week went to the emergency room they said how did you deal with the pain? You have a broken shoulder and it's mending wronge. So do get it checked.Miss your ramblings..smile..Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisa Diane! Glad you posted and shared those wonderful pictures but so sorry to hear your arm is still giving you so much pain. I hope and pray the dr will have a remedy and hope you get brave too so you can get to painting again!
    Best wishes
    Christine

    ReplyDelete