Saturday, August 25, 2012

A Nothing Day.....

Well, I didn't do much of anything in the way of projects today....I looked at them all, but I just kept looking! :-P   I did freeze some more tomatoes from my garden (which are REALLY slowing down), and I think I want a different stencil in my living room, not the tulip-looking one a few posts ago.  I'm thinking of this one that I wallpapered over, way at the beginning of my blog.....
Remember this old picture??? :-D  I'm thinking that might be the stencil I'd like best in here.....I'm going to stencil it on one wall, and see how it looks!  Of course, that means picking a color....ugh!

I also spent some time trying to find instructions online for making and distressing the wood boxes in my last post.....I found some wonderful pictures of what other people have done, but no instructions!!  I'm kind of afraid to start them without knowing what I'm going to do....I'm going to look some more online and in my different magazines and books -- sometimes they give techniques for primitive crafts. 

I wanted to take some pictures of where we live, here in the country.....we live at the end of a dead-end dirt road, more than a half-mile from the main road.....it's my dream come true!!!
I love it back here, we have 3 acres of land, and all the land around us is woods, too!  PARADISE!

So here we go.....our house is on top of a hill, and I walked a little ways down that hill to take this picture....
....this is the way back to the main road - our land is on the right.
Now I turned around and headed back to our house......
.....see I'm heading back up to the top of the hill - our land is on the left in both of these pictures.
Here's our driveway, on the left.....
I love that fence!  I wish we had it on both sides of the driveway, and along the road, too!  Someday!! :-D
Here the road goes a little further on to the last property at the end.....
.....she's a wonderful lady, and she doesn't live there yet, either.
Here's down our driveway......
.....see our car?  I was going to take one of our house back there, but my camera battery died!! :-P
That's ok, I think you get the idea! 
See why I love my little home in the woods? :-)  I know this would drive some people crazy (my sister Karen, as a matter of fact), but it is just the kind of place I am truly happy!  Walking along the road, taking those pictures, all I heard was the wind and the birds -- peace and serenity!!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment