Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Little Projects!!

Aaahhh!!  Don't you just love the projects you do that show how much something is coming together!?  It's the little things that mean the most, like wood puttying nail holes in trim, or changing knobs, or stenciling.....or plastering a corner!! LOL
It's almost finished!  Today I sanded the first coat of plaster I spread on yesterday.....
That's my special sheet rock sander, I love it!  It's designed flat so that it can keep the plaster flat against the wall, and I love the handle! :-D   Sanding plaster sure makes a MESS, though.....
After sanding off and evening out the rough spots over the tape, I put on another coat of plaster, this time using the longer knife and keeping it thin and feathering it out further....that's how it blends into the wall that's already there.  See, MUCH better......

There is my near-perfect NEW corner!! :-D  It's still a little rough at the point, but that will be sanded smooth tomorrow!  Then I'll paint it, continue the chair rail trim, and stencil over it - voila!!!
I am SO happy with it! :-D

The other thing I did today (finally!) was to stain the library room curtain with coffee!  Hey, another small job, right?!! :-D
I used instant coffee I bought specifically for this (I don't drink coffee).....
Here it is, waiting....see how light it looks?......
I heated a pot of water, and added 3 tablespoons of the coffee.....
Nice color!  I pressed the fabric into it and soaked it for 30 minutes (with the stove off, of course!).....
It looks funny to have fabric in a cooking pot on my stove! :-D
I drained it, rinsed it and dried it!  Then it was ready to hang back up.....
MUCH better!!  I wanted it a little darker, but that will do!  I can't wait to stain and stitch on the rest of this fabric - it's so nice!  (see how I'm planning future projects, while I haven't even finished current projects???  Hopeless! LOL)

I am thinking of papering one of my wood boxes tomorrow....this is as close as I got to it today.....
I'm hesitating because I'm not sure how I'm going to do this!!! LOL  It can't be that hard to figure out.....can it??  Maybe tomorrow..... ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment