Thursday, August 2, 2012

Another Chopping Day!!!

I canned more salsa today!!!!
I only took a few pictures, because I don't want to bore anyone by repeating myself!  I will be canning for a few weeks more, so if I showed detailed pictures about it every time, it would be very tiresome!!  But I HAD to show you this salsa....I made two today, from the tomatoes that I peeled and chopped the day-before-yesterday......
The pot on the right has a yummy, mild Garden Salsa - the one on the left is the Super Hot Eat-At-Your-Own-Risk Salsa!!! :-D
Look at it!.....
I can't even stand over this and smell it while I'm stirring it - the steam has hot pepper fumes that make me cough and my eyes burn!!  Oh yes, it's FIRE!!
Here are the peppers I put in it.....
They are (from L to R) chili peppers, fajita bell peppers, and four frosty habanero peppers that were frozen from last years garden.  Chopping these is very tricky, because the oil gets on your fingers and can burn them or anything you touch!  And it doesn't wash off very easily, either!!

WHY would anyone want to eat these???  I have NO idea, I hate spicy food.  I made this salsa for some friends of Brian's who love hot peppers, and for my brother-in-law, Bob, because he loves the hottest peppers -- he's CRAZY!!! LOL

The other salsa is quite yummy!  Only the nicest peppers went in to THAT salsa!! :-D  Here it is, waiting for it's turn in the canner......
The super hot salsa is being boiled in the canner in this picture!  Boy, I really need to clean this kitchen....canning is making a mess!! Haha!  Whatever -- I'll get to it when I get to it!  No one could ever accuse me of being obsessively clean....I'm way too nice! :-D

Here it is.....
DANGER!  DANGER!  DANGER!!!!
These are all to give away!  Well, Brian might keep ONE -- he said it was delicious, but he was kind of choking and coughing when he said it!! LOL  He's crazy.....if it's choking you, it's NOT delicious!!!!  Oh, who listens to me! :-P

Here are all of them, 20lbs of tomatoes, all cooked up.....
It's so satisfying to see them like this!! :-D

But that's not all I did....once the jars were filled and in the canner, I could turn to my painting!  Remember I said I wanted to paint another basket?  Well, I did it, and I used the pumpkin colored sample I got last weekend.....I LOVE IT!!  It's a GREAT color!!!

Here's the basket I picked to paint....




Look at that color!.....
I want to paint everything pumpkin now!!!
      
Time to distress it with a darker color....


This doesn't look right, does it......?
NOPE!!  Not the look I'm going for at all.....time to bring out the dark paint.....

See it?  I don't like this look either!!! :-P
UGH!!  It looks dirty, not old!
Hmmmm.....I'm going to have to paint over the browns with the pumpkin again, and try to figure out how to make it look old....maybe stain...??  I'll be looking online tonight! :-D

Tonight, when I took the dogs outside, I could see THIS.....
I think that's a full moon!!  It sure is pretty and peaceful looking, and it lit up the yard outside!  It didn't come out clearly enough with my camera, but I love how it looks through the trees!  So beautiful!!

Well, another weekend is here, and Brian is home tomorrow!!!  That makes me very happy on Thursday nights! :-D  I wonder what we are going to do tomorrow.....! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment