Sunday, July 29, 2012

I Should Have Posted Last Night.....

......because then I could have bragged about how good I was, how strong I was to walk PAST the paint counter at Lowe's - I was even holding the Benjamin Moore Historic paint brochure - and DID NOT succumb to temptation, DID NOT buy ANY paint samples, because I haven't used any of my other paint samples.....

I would have liked that post.  I would have felt good about myself, for doing what makes sense, for doing the right thing.

Instead, I have to post about today....I have to talk about.....THIS......
I COULDN'T HELP IT!!!!! 

After resisting so well yesterday, I thought it was safe to look at the colors this morning, and saw this gorgeous color, and saw the name -- Greenfield Pumpkin.....how is a girl supposed to resist that???  I don't have any pumpkin colors here....I was a goner....I HAD to have it!!  If only Brian didn't have to go back to Lowe's today...... *Sigh!*
Of course, the other one needs no explaining, you can see the discounted price, and it's a great tan color!
I promise, promise, promise to paint something this week!!  Keep checking back, you'll see!!!! :-D

So while we were at Lowe's, I thought I'd take a picture of the plywood section....
There it is, on the left (middle shelf)!  It's almost gone - are a bunch of people around here reading my blog and making plywood floors???  LOL  Oh, how I wish I could have bought one or two sheets today....but really, I have GOT to finish the jobs that I have wood for - baseboard trim and kitchen cupboard!  I don't want to start any more projects until those are done!!  So, I settled for my precious paint samples!! :-D

We also went to the thrift store today!! 

Look at all that junk! LOL   You have to be willing to DIG at my thrift stores!!
I found some pretty good stuff.....
Do you see the small brown basket??  It's the smaller twin of the one I found there in the beginning of June, remember?!!  I was so surprised to see that there!  And I'm going to paint that red basket (pumpkin?? haha!) - it's GREAT!!  I think my favorite thing (if I can even pick one!) is that little wood shelf!  I actually want to make a bigger one, maybe even a round one, like I've seen in my magazines!!  But this little one will be perfect, somewhere!! :-D  Everything here, except the wreath was 80 cents or less, and the wreath was $2 -- can't beat that, right?! 

The wreath is grapevine, with little white lights around it (and all that ugly garland and ribbon).  I planned on taking ALL the stuff off of it, and using dried flowers or something, but when I saw all the lights, I wasn't so sure.....
It's kind of pretty!!  I might want to keep the lights on it....I'm not sure yet....so I'm leaving it for now.  It's really heavy, with lots of grapevine wound together!!
These were on it, too, and I think I should keep them, they are actually pretty!!....

So it was quite fun today!!! :-D

At home, I clipped a few hydrangea blooms.....

.....and put them in one of my wonderful stoneware pitchers.....
....so pretty!!
 (of course, I've had to kill four ants on the table, but I think I got them all now! LOL)
I actually can't wait until they dry, because the color is a brownish-pink, and so rich looking! (I think I might have mentioned that already...)

OH!!!  The best thing.....I think the brutal summer heat/humidity has finally broken for the year!!!  Today, it was hot (low 90s), but the dew point was in the mid-60s - normally that would feel bad, but not after weeks of mid-70s!!!  Tonight, it is actually cooler outside than in the house!  YAY!!!!  And when I went up to water the garden at 8pm, it felt wonderful out there!  I don't mind summer temps, I can take low 90s for the summer, but PLEASE....let the air be dry!!  At least most of the time! :-P

It might turn out to be a pretty nice August!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment