Saturday, July 14, 2012

OOOOHHH -- More Fun!!!!

I LOVED today.....even going to pick up more dog food (at Petsmart) was fun, because I saw the sweetest little puppy there!!  She was with the local rescue group that brings dogs and cats to Petsmart every week.  She looked like a very tiny border collie, with fluffy black fur and a white face and chest!  But she was a Pomeranian/Papillon mix, which meant she would stay tiny!!  Oh, I wanted her soooo badly, and all I had to do was pay the $150 fee -- VERY doable!!!!!!!!  And I wanted to, oh yes, I did!

BUT.......  

I really can't get another dog, even a little one.....what would Puppy do?  She loves being the baby, she would be very unhappy to have a real puppy living here!  And I don't really want to go through training another puppy, AND, she was super-cute -- I'm sure plenty of people were lining up to get her!!  I heard people talking on the phone about her while I was leaning down and petting her, so I'm hoping she's with a loving family/person right now!  We are more about taking in the animals that no one wants, that wouldn't survive without us.  That sweet little puppy didn't need us -- of course, if the rescue brings her back next weekend, ALL BETS ARE OFF!!! :-D  LOL
Besides, who could think about another puppy when they have this......
Isn't that just the sweetest face ever??  NOTHING could be better than that!

We did some other fun stuff.....first, we picked more tomatoes.....
YIKES!!!  LOL

Then, at Goodwill, I couldn't believe my absolute LUCK.....
Look at these pewter pieces!  I got them for $1, $3, $3.....they are SO awesome, the perfect finish and size!!  SO fun! :-D

We also stopped at Lowe's, and I picked up the glaze....
This is what people use to "age" the walls, I guess....I think I'm supposed to mix a little paint in with the glaze and brush it on and blend it around, or something like that.  Anyway, at least I have it, in case I get inspired!  I still might just return it, if I chicken-out!! LOL

And then, my Number One Funnest Thing is.....
Brian wired the candle light we bought yesterday into one of my spools -- great job, right?  Isn't he amazing?!! :-D  I'm going to wrap twine around the spool, just for a finishing touch!  I can't wait to put it in it's rightful spot! (umm, wherever that is! :-D)

This was a very fun day!!  It was almost MORE fun, because I unstacked the baseboard wood that I painted (remember that??), and I was going to smooth it out and repaint anything that needed it, but it started raining.....again....have we got enough rain yet? LOL   Although, I hate to complain about it at all, because I really do love rain in the summer -- it's much-needed around here!  And the very good thing about it is that I haven't had to water ANYTHING in a full week!  So rain is my friend!! :-D

I guess I'll have to save THAT fun-thing for tomorrow....! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment