Monday, July 2, 2012

RELIEF!!

Last night, we got TONS of rain!  It rained for hours, and thank goodness it wasn't severe!!  On the radar (which I always watch when we have thunderstorms), as they came toward us, anything that was red or yellow turned to green -- we were safe!! :-D  There was damage from the same storms in Charlotte and in South Carolina, so I am so grateful that is was only rain for us.....AND, it cooled the air off by 15 degrees today - it only got up to 96 today!! (LOL "only"!) 
The garden was thrilled to have the rain and the cooler, overcast morning.....what a RELIEF!! :-D

We went to the thrift store again today (I love when Brian is home), and I got more treasures!!!!

In there, as you can see, is a very cool wooden box (it was $1.61).....

.....and these strange candle holders (60 cents each!)......
These obviously had glass surrounds, but what can I do with them now??  I don't like glass, so I'm glad they are gone, but should I punch tin and put it there?  Or leave it the way it is....?   Hmmmm....

So after we were home and had lunch, I had Brian help me make the frame for the print I pulled out yesterday!  He cut the wood for me, then we glued and nailed the boards together......



The bottom two pictures are of the fabric that I'm going to use as my canvas backing - I soaked and rinsed it in the sink, then dried it in the dryer and ironed out the (many!) wrinkles.  We didn't have enough staples to put it onto the frame, so that will have to wait, but I'm ready!!  I even pulled out my smaller canvas frames that I bought a year or two ago, and haven't painted anything on them yet - they aren't even unwrapped!! LOL  So I'm thinking of trying to paint something on one of those, just while I wait for us to get more staples for our big frame!!  I have some ideas of what I want to paint.....maybe another mural-type scene, or just a bunch of dark colors painted on randomly! 

Oh, I don't know!!!  I have so many half-finished projects around here.....shouldn't I be spending energy on getting those things finished??  ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment