Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!!!

Today was candy day!  And tomorrow will be candy-hoarding day!!  Haha!  I love the white chocolate M&Ms, and tomorrow, they will be half-off -- HOORAY!!

We don't really do anything special to celebrate Easter....we talk about why it's a special day, what it symbolizes to us as Christians, and I say a prayer of thanks to God and Jesus for the sacrifices made for us.  But I don't make any special meal or anything.  It's just one more holiday that only we would be celebrating, instead of being with extended family, so I don't mind skipping it.

What did happen today that was great, was Brian put up more wood with me!!!
I think I am going to try to put up a few smaller pieces by myself this week.  I know I can do it, it will be slower for me, but I know what to do.  We'll see.  I'm also very happy because Brian agreed that the rug can come out!  I'm not ready with the wood for the floor, but I hate the rug so much.  I was planning on cutting it out anyway, whether or not he said so, but it's easier if he helps me - he's much stronger!!  Haha!  So, if I can get to that too, I'm going to try.  I can buy one or two boards a week and stain and sand them, it won't take long, less than a month - that would be great!!

So hopefully, I'll have more great pictures this week.....!

No comments:

Post a Comment