Sunday, April 29, 2012

Here I Am!!

WOW -- I haven't posted since Tuesday night!!  I've had some things I wanted to post about, but I just haven't done it before falling asleep every night!

After Tuesday, I cut, sanded and painted all the remaining wood for the family room walls!  THAT felt good, and I thought I'd be putting it up with Brian this weekend.  It's still sitting on the porch, waiting!  Haha!!  Oh well, the best of intentions.....
What we did end up doing this weekend is the garden.  My tomato plants really had to be put in the ground.  They should have been planted about two weeks ago, but those super cold nights last week would have killed them.  But this weekend, I noticed them wilting a little, and some of the peat pots had the start of mold on the outsides....bad news!  So Brian and the boys tilled, and dumped fertilizer and compost and potting soil in there, and I planted them.....
Now they need to be papered and mulched.  They look too spread out, but believe me, they need the room!!

Here are my leeks that we finally dug up.....
They have been in the ground for almost a year!! (they were very small)  I am going to cut them up and freeze them ~ they smell so good!!

I also picked strawberries with Emily.....
YUM!!  They are really good!  While we were picking them, Emily said, "This is fun!" ^-^  She was right!!
I'm going to make a dessert with them tomorrow!

And, I bought this on ebay.....
I LOVE pitchers!!  Isn't this one great!?  No one else even bid on it, and I got a great price (of course, or I wouldn't have bought it).  While I was looking at stoneware pitchers, there was one that was wonderful!!!  It was a true antique, and I loved the shape, it was my favorite primitive look!  Wait....here it is!!.....
*SIGH!!!  Of course, it's hundreds of dollars.  I will NEVER buy a pitcher for that much!!  The one I just bought was $9!  I think it looks almost as good, although, nothing beats that brown one (it's actually "redware"!)


Well, this week I ought to be able to nail up the wood for the walls, putty the holes, and roll on the last coat of paint!  I have a little more planting to do, but the wood is my priority....I'm eager to get this DONE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment