Saturday, April 14, 2012

What a Day!!

Brian worked on the garden today, then he grilled burgers for lunch, THEN he put up more of the wall wood - the tiny pieces --- HOORAY!!  I thought I was going to have to do those myself, or at least wait for next weekend, but NOPE, he did them all on the main wall!  Now, all that's left is the hallway, and I can definitely do that (since the pieces are bigger) if he wants to take a break.  There's also the ceiling trim, but that's usually easier than all these board pieces, and the top thin red trim for the walls, but he said he wants to get those done this weekend.  Oh, it's SO exciting!!  I've been planning on finishing this room for years, and now it's almost done! 
Here's a picture.....

If you look back to the pictures last night of the trim, you can see the white areas of the wall are now covered....I'm so happy about this!!

Before this, I was painting the front door.  Here's the color....
Isn't that going to be beautiful!?! 
And this is only 2-3 coats - you can still see the white primer through 2 coats!  I'm going to have to do 3-4 coats to get the deep color I want.  I just love it.  (I'll be replacing that seedy glass, too!)

I love Brian.  He makes me so happy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment