Thursday, April 12, 2012

Redware Crock??

Look what I did.....

I love this!!!  I got this stencil from a picture in Country Sampler, and I just got brave enough to cut it today! (I've had the copy for over a year! LOL)  It came out great!!  The color is mustard on redish/brown, so it looks a little like Redware....well, not really, but close enough to have that cozy, rich look that I love about Redware.  I'll probably never have any "real" Redware, anyway!!  I also plan on painting some wooden plates this color and adding the mustard to imitate Redware plates.  When you have my limited funds, you must be creative!

So this is basically all I did today!  I really need Brian to cut the small pieces of wall board.  I'm not good with the saws, I'm not strong enough to keep them on the cutting line.  Oh, I did scrape and prime the front door...I didn't get all the paint off, but most of the flaky stuff.  I can't wait to paint it the new color, it will look GREAT, I just know it will!!
I would have done some gardening, but the weather has turned quite cold in the past few days.  I'm not complaining, but I can't plant my tomatoes until it warms up.  Probably this weekend.  I'm excited about growing tomatoes again this year, especially all the varieties I have!  One kind didn't sprout at all, not one seed I started - and I tried three times!!  They were Costoluto Genovese, and I really wanted to grow them because they are supposed to be delicious for juice.  I did read, though, that they are "fussy" and tricky to grow, so maybe this is a blessing, but I'm not giving up yet!

Brian's home tomorrow!!!  I LOVE when he's home with me!  I'm sure I'll have great pictures to post by Sunday!! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment