Sunday, June 17, 2012

GREAT Weekend!!

Oh, this was SUCH a productive weekend!!!  Brian helped me get SO MUCH done - YAY!!!
We got ALL the ceiling trim up!  ALL of it - the hallway and the living room, every piece of it!!  I can't explain how good it feels to look at the ceiling and see it covered, finished.  It feels peaceful....does that make any sense??? LOL  I still have to paint it all, of course, but I did some of that this weekend, and I used my trusty wood putty on most of it already. :-D   I'm really motivated to get it finished this week -- imagine, I won't have to think about doing that trim ever again....wow!! (hahaha!  I don't know WHY, but that's a good thing!)

Here are some pictures....here is that hallway side that never got done.....

 Here is finally covered......


The hallway is all trimmed up!  Oh, and see how it's even now (I think it works because that wall is SO TALL - almost 9 feet!!).....

Here is the LAST wall in the living room, that I've been looking at unfinished for, I think, 5 years now -- hooray!!!.....

And now for the final piece of trim in this part of the house -- over the mural wall!!!  Oh, how nice it looks now......
**SIGH!!!  DONE! 
I think it's such a relief for me because I needed Brian to do this part, and some of the reason why it took so long was because I couldn't catch him at a time when he was willing to do the work of measuring, cutting, and hanging all this wood.  It is ALOT of work for him.  I run around and get him the things he needs while he's on the ladder, but HE has to do all the difficult stuff, and it's really time-consuming, too.  What he wanted to do today was mow the grass and some gardening.....instead, I had him inside and back-and-forth to the barn (workshop) with the wood!!  Well, I know he's relieved and happy to get this done too!
And now, it's all on me to paint it and then never worry about it again!! :-D

WAIT.....there's more! 
Here is a hole in the ceiling that has been there since we changed a light into a ceiling fan (ahem...6 years ago?).....

I finally had the self-discipline to fix it!! (Brian helped with this, too - it's high up there)....
It just needs plaster over it now!!

The reason I got so motivated, the one act that started all this, was hanging this painted wooden flag that my mother gave us exactly 1 year ago, above the fireplace.....
We finally hung it, and it looked so warm and homey!  I didn't want the distracting ugliness taking away from that, so motivation struck!! :-D

After we did all the trim, I hung the wreath and another picture in the shelf cabinet right next to the fireplace (I'm just starting on this display....uh-oh! lol).....
That's the wreath I bought at the primitive country shop we went to a few weeks ago (remember my post??)!  The picture is a quote from Abraham Lincoln that my mom also gave me....hmmm, I might need to lower it a little.

It's exciting (and scary!) because I've never actually had a home where I displayed the things I love, and I'm finally doing that! :-)  Before this, I lived in a trailer park (horror!!), and in my own home in Massachusetts, my kids were toddlers, so I had no time to even think about any kind of decorating!  I didn't even have time to look at magazines! LOL (what a happy time anyway! :-)
It's so FUN to see this starting to come together!!! 

Anyway, to reward my darling husband for all his work (on Father's Day, no less!), I made him his favorite -- chocolate pie!!!  TA-DA.....

YUMMY!!!  Someday, I'll make my own crust, but this one tastes pretty good anyway!! 

Such a GREAT weekend! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment