Monday, June 25, 2012

Little Jobs....

I did a little of everything today! (except dishes!! LOL)
I painted the floor trim that we planed and sanded.....
That's only one coat - it dried in minutes in that sun!!  I am going to fix some cracks and knots that are on them tomorrow, then paint the second coat.  I'm running low on this paint!!!  I'm trying to make it last, because I only need a little bit more, and I don't want to buy a whole quart for just one piece!!  Let's see, I need one more coat on these, plus the little trim pieces to go with these boards (like quarter-round pieces), plus a few more strokes on the front door -- do I have enough.....???
Ummm......uh-oh!! LOL  I am determined to make this much work!!  Well, I can always use a sample container for the quarter-round pieces.  The only problem with the samples is that they are all satin finished paints....I prefer (and USE) flat or eggshell -- the finishes won't match!  I THINK it will be ok to use it just for the extra trim pieces, they might be too small to show the difference, but I can't use them for much else, SO....this has to last! :-P

I absolutely LOVE the smell of paint!  When I opened this can and stirred it up, the smell was such a happy smell....does that make any sense?? LOL  I think it's because I really love paint and painting.  Every time I've opened a can of paint, I've been in a happy, excited frame of mind -- fixing something and making it look better!  I also love paint colors, I can never decide on my favorite, I love them all too much!! :-D

After the painting (which actually only took about 10 minutes), I finally planted all my basil!  These are all from my seeds (except the purple - that's from the Farmer's Market)......

The smaller plants are my marjoram and oregano!  Those are from seeds, too, and they were soooo tiny when they first sprouted - I wasn't sure I could keep them alive....but now look at them.....

Marjoram is one of my favorite herbs for cooking.  I also use it in my canned tomatoes, for a special flavor!  It's so expensive as a fresh herb in stores, and I can't find the plants for sale, either.  Last year I bought a plant online and had it shipped here - that was about $8!!  So this year, I had to try seeds....and it worked!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment