Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Little Birdies!!!!

There has been some major excitement around here today.....the baby birds are out of their nest and fluttering and hopping around the back porch!!!!!  They are SO cute, they have feathers sticking up and when they itch themselves with their feet, they lose their balance! :-D  I can't stop watching them through the back door windows.....of course, I have to stand back a bit, because the parents are still bringing them food and they can see me in those windows.

I took a bunch of pictures, I couldn't stop! LOL  Puppy could see them through the doors too, and she was barking to be let out there -- a flying, moving toy....what fun for her!  Sorry, Pups, NO WAY!!

This is what I first saw when I looked outside the back door.....

 There are four of them there, if you can see them -- two are hiding in Puppy's toy on the shelf here (one is behind the stringy rope).....

This little guy kept wobbling on this too-thin perch - those squares are 1 inch wide (so you can see he's TINY!) :-D.....

 So tiny and fluffy and cute!!!.....

 I decided to try and sneak out and grab the dog food bowls (because we obviously won't be feeding the dogs out there today!), and they started fluttering around for real (as I got the bowls and left quickly)....they were good at it!......


 


Then, they were just doing it for fun - this little guy made it all the way up here!.....
 
Exploring, exploring......






This one is just on the other side of the window I was looking through.....we were looking at eachother! :-D.....



After all that, it was time to fluff up and relax....



.....and wait for a snack.....

(right after I took this picture, one of the parents came and popped a little bug or something right into his mouth!)

.....and stretch and clean up....


.....and look around some more.....



.....and finally take a much-needed nap!!....

OH, they are TOO CUTE, aren't they?!!!!  I have this urge to hold them in my hand and pet them!!  But I know that would probably give them a heart attack :-( , so I would never.....I guess I have to be satisfied with watching and picture taking -- SORRY if there are too many!!  Hahaha!  I won't post anymore (unless they are cuter!) -- they won't be here much longer anyway, I don't think....maybe just a couple of days.  I'll keep the cat inside, too, just to be safe, and keep the dogs on leashes.  This has been so fun!!  I'll miss them! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment