Friday, June 15, 2012

I Changed It Again!

I HAD to.....it just didn't look right!  And it's true -- if you leave something for a little while, it helps clarify the look you want!  Here's the curtain.....
I sewed a pocket along the top and threaded some twine through it and tied it to some nails I hammered in up there.....I think it looks much better, instead of being tacked straight across.  Of course, I might want to "stain" it with tea or coffee, but I'm still thinking about that.  What I DO notice when looking at this picture is....WHAT A MESS!!!!  I think it's time to do some major straightening up in there, right?! LOL  There used to be many more books in there, now there's mostly magazines!!  Hahaha!!  I can't stop myself! :-D

I also changed the kitchen arrangement I posted about last time......
I think that's much better!!  I also put a little mouse that Emily made (by needle felting) up there on the drawer.....she made that when she was 10 or 11, and I just loved him and he's been in my kitchen since!  I put him around here and there, changing his spot twice a year or so, that's why it seemed like the perfect spot for him!  I think SHE likes it that I "display" something she made, and I think she was proud of how he turned out, and enjoys that I love him so much! :-)

So yesterday, while pondering the curtain and display, I also made my favorite Spaghetti Sauce (cue angels chorusing)......
We LOVE this sauce!!! (did I emphasize that enough? lol)
Here are my special ingredients.....
The small container in front has dried basil from my garden last year in it - yummy!!  I add all this to a bunch of tomato products -- puree, crushed, etc. -- and I also add green peppers and onion, then I simmer it for hours....yesterday, it was about 5 hours.  That picture was about half-way through cooking.  It was so thick and flavorful!  Even Brian loves my sauce, and he's not an Italian-food-guy!! :-D

TOMORROW....I think I'm getting wood for the living room floor trim....YAY!!! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment