Friday, May 4, 2012

Strawberries, Anyone??? :-)

Ok, I haven't done much with the house the past 2 days, but I have been watering the garden and picking tons of......strawberries!!!  I already have a bunch again......
YIKES!!!  This is from an 8x8 patch of plants - maybe around 30 plants I planted last year - and I did nothing to them to prepare them for the spring....they just grow and grow!  It's back-breaking work to pick them, but so worth it!  There's tons more out there that will be ready to pick in another few days, again!  I'm going to start freezing them, IF I can keep them from being eaten every time! LOL

Yesterday, I made my own Holiday Plum Sauce, from plums I had frozen last Fall when they were uneaten and getting too ripe.....
I made the recipe up myself, and everyone LOVES it!  I have two containers full, ready to freeze, if I can keep the kids away from it long enough!!  It's very delicious, I put molasses, pumpkin pie spice, and rum flavoring in it, and cook it down until it's nice and thick.  I think it's a nice change from applesauce, which we all love and have alot.  It's nice at Christmastime, especially!

Tomorrow we are going to Lowes, and I'm planning on getting my trim paint, even though I'm not happy with the shade I'm getting.....but really, I'll NEVER be happy with it!  Paint is the bane of my renovating existence!!!!!!  I GIVE UP!  It's as close as I can get it, and I'm not wasting another week (or more!) trying to make it "perfect".....it's good enough!!  So I will be painting the trim this week - THAT will be exciting!

OH, and my pitcher got here today!!  It's so awesome!  I love it - it's rather large, and the color is perfect!!  I can't wait to find the right spot for it (which will take several tries, I'm sure!)
I have a few other pitchers on my Watch List, that are just outside my price limit, that I'm trying to ignore!  I have to keep telling myself, there will always be pitchers for sale on ebay, I can get one anytime I want and can afford another one....I don't want to be excessive about it, or else it's no fun anymore....Pray for me!!! (hahaha!)


No comments:

Post a Comment